Vietnamese Pork Skewers
Thanks to the easy marinade and flavorful dipping sauce, these pork skewers are the perfect light meal.
Serves: 8Prep: 2 hours 15 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 stalks lemongrass, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 pound pork shoulder, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Huy Fong® Sambal Oelek Chili Paste
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 6 wooden skewers
- Combine shallots, garlic, lemongrass, sesame oil, 1 tablespoon fish sauce, oyster sauce and ½ cup water. Toss in pork and refrigerate, mixing several times.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon fish sauce, lime juice, garlic cloves, chili paste and ¼ cup water. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- In a non-stick saucepan, warm 4 tablespoons sugar till color turns amber and sugar starts to bubble. Carefully pour ¾ cup warm water into saucepan and stir.
- On skewers, thread pork evenly and loosely in zigzag motion.