Sautéed Kale and Apples
Try this fast, healthy and hearty side dish…tastes great with chicken or pork!
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1 bunch Kale, removed from stem and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat; add shallot and apple. Cook 3-5 minutes until tender and slightly caramelized.
- Add kale, salt and pepper; cook 3-5 minutes until wilted. Add vinegar and cranberries and cook an additional 1-2 minutes. Refrigerate leftovers.