Sausage-Pepperoni Skillet Pasta
Comfort food is key during the winter months, especially when it can be made as simply as this dish.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups (about 6 oz.) fully-cooked Italian sausage, diced or crumbled
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 cup mini pepperoni, plus more for topping
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) petite-cut diced tomatoes
- 2 cups Private Selection™ Penne Pasta
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a 12” skillet over medium heat, sauté onion in oil until softened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add sausage, browning the edges.
- Add pepperoni, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, pasta, chicken broth and Italian seasoning.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Top with cheese and extra pepperoni. Place the lid over the skillet until the cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Serve immediately.