Piña Colada Shrimp Kabobs
Why limit that fabulous combo of rum, pineapple and coconut to a glass? Piña colada ingredients make a dynamite marinade for shrimp destined for the grill.
Serves: 4Prep: 3 hours 15 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 3 hours 45 minutes
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 36 medium-large uncooked, peeled & deveined (tail on) shrimp (about 1¼ lb.)
- 2 yellow or orange bell peppers cut into chunks
- Rice pilaf or a simple greens salad, optional
- Combine the coconut milk, lime juice, pineapple juice, dark rum, cilantro, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the shrimp, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour but no longer than 3 hours.
- While the shrimp is marinating, prepare the grill for medium-high heat.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the shrimp from the marinade and thread on metal skewers: 2 shrimp, 1 piece of chopped pepper, and 2 shrimp until all the mixture is used.
- When the grill is ready, place the skewers on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until the shrimp turn pink.
- Serve immediately with rice pilaf and/or a simple greens salad, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.