King Cake Dip
All the flavor of king cake with almost none of the work.
Serves: 30Prep: 30 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 6 each 10-inch flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup pecans, toasted
- Mardi Gras colored sugars: green, purple andgold
- Heat oven to 400°F. Combine sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl; set aside.
- Cut tortillas with a 3-4” Mardi Gras themed cutter. Place on baking sheets; brush with melted butter on one side; flip brush with remaining butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake 6-8 minutes until browned and crispy; cool.
- Meanwhile beat cream cheese with brown sugar, 2 teaspoons cinnamon and vanilla until fluffy. Fold in whipped topping until combined. Stir in pecans. Transfer to serving dish; top with colored sugars and serve with tortilla crisps.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Tip: Instead of using Mardi Gras cookie cutters, use 6" tortillas and cut into wedges.