Keto Meat-za Pizza
To keep pizza keto friendly swap out the typical crust for a base of meat topped with no-sugar-added tomato sauce and cheese.
Serves: 6Prep: 12 minutesCook: 18 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound Sweet, Mild or Hot Italian Ground Sausage
- 1⁄2 pound ground pork
- 1⁄2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 tsp. minced garlic
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup Tender Spinach
- 1 cup Whole Milk Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix ground sausage and pork until combined. Using damp hands press the meat mixture into a 13” circle on the prepared pan.
- Bake meat crust for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through. Blot with paper towels to remove excess liquid and fat.
- Meanwhile stir together crushed tomatoes, garlic and salt.
- Top meat crust with a layer of spinach, top with crushed tomato mixture and sprinkle with cheese and desired amount of red pepper flakes.
- Return to the oven and bake an additional 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Refrigerate leftovers.