Halloween Mummy Cakes
The kids will be dressed up, so dress up your desserts, too! With this recipe, you can give the family a delicious fright.
Prep: 30 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- Snack cakes of your choice (such as Twinkies or other brands), packaging removed
- 2 bags light cocoa candy melts
- 1 bag white candy melts
- Large candy eyes
- Decorating bag
- Halloween paper straws
- Parchment paper
- Lollipop sticks or Halloween straws
- Insert lollipop stick or straw into the snack cake and place on a tray.
- Place a tray of snack cakes in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare a baking sheet or cutting board by covering with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Melt candy chips by microwaving for 30 seconds, stirring and repeating until melted.
- Dip each snack cake in chocolate and roll to completely coat.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet or cutting board.
- Place 2 eyes on each snack cake and allow to set for 3-4 minutes.
- Lift each snack cake to separate from paper.
- Using a knife, carefully trim excess chocolate off of mummies.
- Transfer remaining melted chocolate to zippered bag and clip corner to pipe or drizzle.
- Drizzle chocolate back and forth across snack cake (avoiding eyes) to give the mummies a bandaged look.
- Allow to set, then enjoy!