Slow-Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Prep: 40 mins | Total: 4 hrs 40 mins | Serves 8
- 8 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 carton (32 oz.) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 pkg. (24 oz.) ORE-IDA STEAM N’MASH Cut Russet Potatoes
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) KRAFT Shredded Triple Cheddar Cheese with a TOUCH OF PHILADELPHIA, divided
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon, reserving 2 Tbsp. drippings in the skillet. Drain bacon on paper towels; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add onions to drippings in skillet; cook, stirring often, for 5 min. or until crisp-tender. Stir in flour; cook and stir 1 min. Add 1 cup broth; cook and stir 2 min. or until sauce comes to boil and thickens. Pour sauce into slow cooker and stir in remaining broth and potatoes. Cover and cook on LOW 4 to 5 hours (or HIGH 2 to 3 hours).
- Use slotted spoon to transfer 4 cups potatoes to medium bowl; mash until smooth. Add 1½ cups cheese to remaining mixture in slow cooker; stir until melted. Stir in mashed potatoes and milk; cook, covered, 5 min. or until heated through.
- Place bacon on paper towel-covered microwaveable plate. Microwave on HIGH 20 to 30 sec. or until heated through. Serve soup topped with bacon, remaining cheese, sour cream and chives.