Patriotic Painted Pineapples
Created by: Ashley Torres, Pursuit of Shoes
What’s red, white and blue all over? Memorial Day Pineapples of course!
One of my favorite tablescape ideas is to paint pineapples and use them as decorative centerpieces for my holiday-themed parties. I decided to throw a Memorial Day barbecue, and I knew the pineapples would be perfect! They’re a quick and simple DIY project. I suggest painting your pineapples outside, just to be safe. You don’t want to accidentally spray anything in your home.
What You’ll Need:
- 3 pineapples, preferably with long crowns (if you’re decorating more than one table, then add more pineapples accordingly)
- 1 can red spray paint
- 1 can blue spray paint
- 1 can white spray paint
- Craft paper or newspaper to cover work surfaces
1. Choose pineapples that are not too ripe. I suggest picking them up no more than two days before your party and painting them the day before or the morning of your event. Then, lay out your newspaper or craft paper and place your pineapples on the paper.
2. Spray one pineapple at a time, rotating it to cover the entire pineapple. Make sure to get in between the leaves of the crown, too. Let the pineapples dry. They should take about 45 minutes-1 hour to dry.
3. Add them to your tablescape as a focal point along with other festive decor.