Everyone deserves to make a wish on Thanksgiving! While the bird may only have one wishbone to break, all can share in the wish-making fun with these easy-to-prepare clay wishbones that will add a festive flair to your holiday tabletop.
Things You'll Need:
- 2 cups cornstarch
- 1 cup white school glue
- Wax paper
- Pen or wooden spoon
- First, to make air-drying clay, combine cornstarch and glue in a bowl and knead with hands.
- Pull off a small amount of the clay and roll into a long snake. Fold this in half and pinch the middle together to create the shape of a wishbone.
- Place on wax paper, with the pinched edge resting on a pen or a wooden spoon handle to create a subtle curve, and let air dry for two to three hours.
- Paint in colors to complement your holiday décor.
- Set one at every other place setting and invite each guest to break one with his or her neighbor.