In this winter spin on ratatouille, sweet potatoes, red potatoes and turnips stand in for traditional summer vegetables, resulting in a hearty dish that works both as plant-based meal or a seasonal side.
Serves: 8Prep: 40 minutesCook: 1 hour 5 minutesTotal: 1 hour 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup Private Selection™ Heirloom Vine-Ripened Tomato Sauce
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled
- 2 turnips, peeled
- 2 large red potatoes
- 1 medium red onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a 3-quart casserole dish, spray with olive oil spray; spread tomato sauce in an even layer on the bottom; set aside.
- Using a mandoline slicer, carefully slice sweet potatoes, parsnips, red potatoes and onion into even, thin slices.
- In large bowl, toss vegetables with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and herbs.
- Alternate vegetable slices in casserole dish, lining slices up vertically.
- Cover dish with foil; bake 50 to 60 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Increase oven temperature to 425°F. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes, until edges are golden brown. Allow to stand at least 10 minutes before serving.