Mexican Street Corn Salad
Inspired by a traditional street food called, ‘elote’ this recipe is a deconstructed version of grilled corn on the cob, dressed up with sour cream, cheese, lime, spices and cilantro.
Serves: 6Prep: 20 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 tablespoons Private Selection™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 medium zucchinis, diced
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper, diced (about 1 medium pepper)
- 3/4 cup green bell pepper, diced (about 1 medium pepper)
- 1 jalapeños, minced
- 2 bags (10 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Cut Corn
- 1/4 cup Kroger® Ranch Sour Cream Dip
- 1/4 cup Kroger® Queso Fresco Natural Crumbling Cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons Tajin seasoning or other chili powder seasoning
- Preheat the broiler in the oven and have the oven rack 4” away from the broiler element. Spread the olive oil on the bottom of a large baking pan and toss the zucchini, peppers and corn together on the tray.
- Broil the vegetables, stirring every 5-8 minutes, until they are evenly roasted. Remove the tray from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Transfer the roasted corn and vegetables into a serving dish, drizzle with ranch dip and sprinkle with cheese, cilantro and Tajin spice and serve with lime wedges. Serve warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers.