Instant Pot® White Bean and Cabbage Stew
Dry beans are the base of this hearty vegetarian stew, and they cook in a flash thanks to the Instant Pot®.
Serves: 8Prep: 20 minutesCook: 1 hour 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 50 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound dry white beans, rinsed and picked through
- 6 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 4 cups cabbage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- Select Instant Pot® SAUTÉ function; heat oil. Add onion, carrots, celery, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Add beans and broth. Twist lid to seal.
- Select MANUAL function and set timer for 30 minutes. Carefully use quick release to depressurize.
- Add potatoes, cabbage and rosemary. Twist lid to seal
- Select MANUAL function and set timer for 10 minutes. Allow pressure to release naturally.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Refrigerate leftovers.