Instant Pot® Turkey Chili Mac
When the dinner votes are divided between chili and mac and cheese, make both! This Instant Pot version delivers everyone’s favorite dishes in one easy meal.
Serves: 8Prep: 15 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound Ground Turkey 85/15
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 can (14.5-oz.) Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can (15.5-oz.) Dark Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, plus extra for garnish
- 8 ounces Elbow Macaroni, cooked 2 minutes less than package instructions
- Set Instant Pot to “Sauté” setting and allow pot to heat up. Add olive oil.
- When hot, add onion, red bell pepper and garlic. Sauté 5-7 minutes, until onions and peppers begin to brown.
- Add in turkey and spices, then sauté for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes and kidney beans. Stir well, then cover. Be sure the pressure valve is set to “Sealing.” Use the manual setting to set the timer for 18 minutes.
- When timer goes off, allow pressure to release naturally OR turn pressure valve to “Venting” to release pressure quickly. (Note: Be sure to read all Instant Pot instructions carefully for safety. Be sure Instant Pot is turned off and unplugged before carefully removing the cover.)
- While chili is cooking, make macaroni and cheese. In pot, heat evaporated milk until it begins to simmer. Whisk in cheddar cheese until sauce is smooth, then add macaroni and half of a teaspoon of salt. Cook for 2-3 more minutes, stirring while it bubbles, then remove from heat.
- Stir macaroni into chili and serve, topping each bowl with additional cheese.